Re: Forms 4 - Startup SLOWWWWWW...

From: Gary John Walker <gjwalker_at_gjw1992.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 19:49:05 +0000

In article <Crst2K.5rK_at_world.std.com> davise_at_world.std.com writes:

>We have had similar experience with the product running on VAX or
>Intel (486-66). I believe that it is a product limitation, and
>suspect that Oracle is working hard on it.
>Ed

 A problem shared etc! I've made a big improvement by reducing  the number of items in multi-rec blocks (better design anyway)  and making sure max lgths of items match their needs and aren't  the default 30chars. But still left with startup time of nearly  a minute on this particular form of 4 canvases - incl about  40 secs cpu time. No cascading block searches or anything like  that. So still looking for some piece of magic to improve things.

 Has prompted me though to push ORACLE for the latest cde tools  cdrom.

          Gary John Walker     gjwalker_at_gjw1992.demon.co.uk