Re: OCI - Oracle7 on the Mac and MSWindows?

From: Doug Bitting <dbitting_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 1994 13:58:42 GMT

In article <CrEGAC.Gn7_at_acsu.buffalo.edu> Alexandrov L Lyubomir, lyubomir_at_cs.buffalo.edu writes:

> 1. Could a kind soul tell me if the following Oracle types are the same
> for the Mac and for MSWindows. These are the Solaris type definitions:

Yes, the same types should be defined on all platforms (with a caveat I'll explain below). The OCI libraries standardized on those typedefs so they wouldn't have to worry about the difference between the size of the various types on different platforms. The one exception to this rule (this is the caveat), is the {s,e,u}word datatype. This datatype is very dependent on the compiler you are using. This datatype is not used in the THINK C headers since an integer can be either 2 or 4 bytes.

> 2. Is there a library on the Mac that contains obndra? The
> documentation we have is a little old - it talks about Oracle 6 only

The Pro*C 1.5.9 for Macintosh kit contains the Oracle7 OCI libraries as well as the documentation for it. If you have support for the Oracle For Macintosh 2.0 (either Database or Client Tools version), you are entitled to a free upgrade to the Pro*C 1.5.9 kit.

Hope this helps,
--Doug

--
Doug Bitting  ||  Oracle Corporation  ||  dbitting_at_oracle.com
Worldwide Technical Support  ||  Apple Desktop Products Group