OCI - Oracle7 on the Mac and MSWindows?

From: Alexandrov L Lyubomir <lyubomir_at_cs.buffalo.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 1994 18:20:35 GMT

Hi,

I wrote an application following the guidelines for OCI programs in Oracle 7 and some common sense. It works under Solaris. Now I have to port it on the Mac and on MSWindows.

  1. Could a kind soul tell me if the following Oracle types are the same for the Mac and for MSWindows. These are the Solaris type definitions:
typedef          int eword;
typedef unsigned int uword;
typedef   signed int sword;

typedef          char  eb1;

typedef unsigned char ub1;
typedef signed char sb1;

typedef unsigned char text;

typedef          short    eb2;
typedef unsigned short    ub2;
typedef   signed short    sb2;

typedef          long  eb4;

typedef unsigned long ub4;
typedef signed long sb4;

typedef unsigned int size_t;

struct cda_head {

    sb2          v2_rc;
    ub2          ft;
    ub4          rpc;
    ub2          peo;
    ub1          fc;
    ub1          rcs1;
    ub2          rc;
    ub1          wrn;
    ub1          rcs2;
    sword        rcs3;
    struct {
        struct {
           ub4    rcs4;
           ub2    rcs5;
           ub1    rcs6;
        } rd;
        ub4    rcs7;
        ub2    rcs8;
    } rid;
    sword        ose;
    dvoid        *rcsp;

};

/* the real CDA, padded to 64 bytes in size */ struct cda_def {

    sb2          v2_rc;                             /* V2 return code */
    ub2          ft;                             /* SQL function type */
    ub4          rpc;                         /* rows processed count */
    ub2          peo;                           /* parse error offset */
    ub1          fc;                             /* OCI function code */
    ub1          rcs1;                                 /* filler area */
    ub2          rc;                                /* V7 return code */
    ub1          wrn;                                /* warning flags */
    ub1          rcs2;                                    /* reserved */
    sword        rcs3;                                    /* reserved */
    struct {                                       /* rowid structure */
        struct {
           ub4    rcs4;
           ub2    rcs5;
           ub1    rcs6;
        } rd;
        ub4    rcs7;
        ub2    rcs8;
    } rid;
    sword        ose;                          /* OSD dependent error */
    dvoid        *rcsp;                   /* pointer to reserved area */
    ub1          rcs9[64 - sizeof (struct cda_head)]; /* filler to 64 */

};

2. Is there a library on the Mac that contains obndra? The documentation we have is a little old - it talks about Oracle 6 only

Thank you.

Lyubomir Alexandrov Received on Tue Jun 14 1994 - 20:20:35 CEST

Original text of this message