Re: ORACLE FORMS 3 VS FORMS 4

From: Dennis Moore <dbmoore_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 1994 14:23:35 GMT

In article <2tusic$7vr_at_crl.crl.com> rjmac_at_crl.com (Robert J. McCallister) writes:

>:*If some one posts me all the differences and upgrades between
>:*FORMS 3 and FORMS 4 I will be very greatful..
>

>Forms 3 is character based, Forms 4 is GUI.
>
>Is there any other differences that matter?

Well, yes there are.

  • Graphical development environment
  • Graphical or character mode deployment
  • Support for multiple image formats
  • Integrated menu development environment (previously separate product SQL*Menu)
  • PL/SQL Development Environment for development of client-side logic and libraries, shared with Oracle Graphics 2 and Oracle Reports 2
  • WYSIWYG layout editor, shared with OG2 and OR2
  • On-line help and documentation
  • Much improved documentation
  • Ability to support Oracle Transparent Gateways and ODBC drivers
  • Native look-and-feel for Windows, Macintosh, and Motif
  • Full support for all Oracle7 features

And many others ...

  • Dennis Moore, my own opinions, etcetcetc