Re: connecting to Oracle/ODBC via winsock

From: branigan d <p0054467_at_oxford-brookes.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 1994 08:15:10 GMT

       I remember reading somewhere hear about a problem with a version of Trumpet Winsock not reading services properly and not finding ORASRV unless it was the first entry.

       When I had problems with Trumpet, I explicitly gave the service within the Oracle configuration file and that worked ok EG: T:100.1.1/1525:sid1

   Damian Branigan                            "Its wiser being good than bad
   (Project Leader ISS)                        Its safer being meek than fierce
   d.branigan_at_brookes.ac.uk                    Its fitter being sane than mad"
                                               RB