connecting to Oracle/ODBC via winsock

From: Malcolm Sainsbury <msains_at_sunbird.ru.ac.za>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 1994 14:13:33 GMT

We currently connect to an Oracle6 (and 7) database via ODBC, using the FTP Inc PC/TCP stack (Ver 2.03). This works well from windows using VB.

We are currently investigating a change to the Trumpet Winsock stack and have successfully installed winsock and can use all the usual utilities like telnet, ftp, etc.

However we are at a loss when it comes to the parameters to set in order to connect our working VB apps to the same Oracle6/7 database using WINSOCK this time. ie we know that winsock is working, and we know that our ODBC apps already work, but we cant make the connection with winsock.

Would some kind soul please give us the benefit of his/her experience and let us know how to change the parameters in Windows/Oracle/ODBC to open this connection again.

Thanks

Malcolm

--
Malcolm Sainsbury - Dept of Information Systems - Rhodes University
Internet: msains_at_sunbird.ru.ac.za               Phone: +27 [0]461 22023 xt 244