Re: transactios

From: Bruce Pihlamae <pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 14 Jun 94 09:46:27 +1000

In article <2thf6q$9vc_at_sun1000.ci.pwr.wroc.pl>, mszr_at_myhost.subdomain.domain (Miroslaw Szczypinski) writes:
> Is it possibile in Oracle 6 and 7?
>
> a)
> open transaction 1
> open transaction 2
> commit transaction 2
> commit transaction 2
>
> b)
> open transaction 1
> open transaction 2
> commit transaction 1
> commit transaction 2

Both are possible provided each transaction is a different oracle session and the transactions are mutually exclusive (ie not trying to update the same records).

If both transactions are being actioned by the same session then both will commit at the first commit statement.

--

Bruce...        pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au

* Bruce Pihlamae  --  Database Administration                     *
* Commonwealth Department of Human Services and Health            *
* Canberra, ACT, Australia                        (W) 06-289-7056 *
* These are my own thoughts and opinions, few that I have.        *

"The more complex the argument gets, the easier it is to refute."
"Killing is wrong!"  -- Trent 'The Uncatchable' Castanaveras