Re: [Q] SQL calls from UNIX scripts?

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_rossinc.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 1994 17:18:02 GMT

In article <Cr2w7o.CBy_at_hippo.ru.ac.za> pcser1_at_ml.petech.ac.za writes:
>In article <2t3rn4$2ms_at_netserver.univ-lille1.fr> noel_at_omega.univ-lille1.fr (Yves Noel) writes:
>>
>>Very easy to do, below the type of script I use every days. In a file you put :
>>
>>cat > temp.sql << EOF
>> .

You may want to use something like /tmp/$$temp.sql to avoid multiple sessions walking over each other. Add to cron a command to remove anything in /tmp over the weekend if your unix doesn't already have it, in case people leave them uncleanly. (some unix may be /usr/tmp).

--
Joel Garry       joelga_at_amber.rossinc.com       Compuserve 70661,1534
These are my opinions, not necessarily those of Ross Systems, Inc.