[Q] SQL calls from UNIX scripts?

From: Barry Roomberg <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 94 16:50:00 -0500

-> We have both Sybase and Oracle installed on an
-> HP 9000 running HP-UX. I would like to be able
-> to execute SQL from a UNIX script. The goal is
-> to be able to create 'quicky' transactions to
-> perform frequently done SQL etc.

Check out the Oracle install scripts and see how they call SQLPLUS, feed sql commands, and pipe out the output to see how to do it.

A FAR better method is to use PERL for your scripts instead of /bin/sh. It can talk directly to Oracle (don't know about Sybase but I think so). Received on Wed Jun 08 1994 - 23:50:00 CEST

Original text of this message