Re: Oracle7 for Windows

From: Slurton <slurton_at_aol.com>
Date: 7 Jun 1994 17:22:05 -0400

In article <1994Jun6.170753.11642_at_tdkt.mn.org>, choang_at_tdkt.mn.org (Carl Hoang) writes:

Not at this time. If you need to have Oracle Version 7 on a P.C. you need to purchase OS/2 and then the Oracle server for OS/2, The oracle Virtual DOS machine for OS/2 and then you need to buy the Oracle development tools for Microsoft windows and install them.

What happens is that you startup OS/2 start up the Oracle 7 database and then startup up a microsoftwindows sessions and the oracle tools in that session. It should access the database under OS/2. (The virtual DOS machine is what does this). That how we did it at a place that I used to work. You might also look into the Oracle 7 Server for Windows NT.

You can call Oracle and talk to Oracle Direct Sales and they should help you more that I could. Also the OS/2 and windows setup is not as simple as I paint it to be, it is very involved.

Scott A. Lurton

Senior Analyst
WR SYSTEMS, LTD. Received on Tue Jun 07 1994 - 23:22:05 CEST

Original text of this message