Re: Oracle7 for Windows

From: John Hogatt <j4hogatt_at_mccoy.srv.PacBell.COM>
Date: 7 Jun 1994 15:06:06 GMT

In article <2t0d6a$b2a_at_search01.news.aol.com>, jgreene_at_aol.com (Jgreene) writes:
|> In article <1994Jun6.170753.11642_at_tdkt.mn.org>, choang_at_tdkt.mn.org
|> (Carl Hoang) writes:
|>
|> > Is there such a thing with Oracle7 for Windows?
|>
|> The last product directions briefing that I heard was that they would
|> not try to kluge the Oracle 7 RBDMS into a DOS/MS Windows
|> environment. I understand that it must take a lot of work to
|> condense the functions of the various Oracle server processes into a
|> single-task. I understood that they were considering an MS Windows
|> NT port, since this is multi-tasking. However, I think they were
|> waiting to see how well NT caught on.

During 1/94 I installed Oracle v. 7.0.15.4 on a Sequent Winserver500 running NT Advanced Server; I do not recall that there was anything very peculiar about it. It was a regular commercial product [not beta].

Regards,

J Hoggatt [sic] : j4hogatt_at_mccoy.srv.pacbell.com Received on Tue Jun 07 1994 - 17:06:06 CEST

Original text of this message