Re: Problems Running Windows & ORACLE??

From: Doug Harris <ah513_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 1994 00:25:16 GMT

In a previous article, amis_at_owlsnest.nl (Amis) says:

>DAGMARA>My client wants to know if there are any known problems running
>DAGMARA>Windows for workgroups & sqlnet with TCP/IP as a protocol.

   [Chomp]

>As far as we know SQLNet will NOT run as is under WFWG 3.11.

   I tried out both SQL*Net TCP/IP V1 and V2 under WFWG this week using the new beta 32 bit TCP/IP stack from Microsoft. I didn't do any heavy duty testing but it seemed to work just fine! I connected sucessfully with SQL*Plus, Forms 4, Reports 2, and a few ODBC clients.

   Note that this was SQL*Net for Windows, not the old DOS SQLPME stuff.

  • Doug Harris Database Administrator, System Development Division, Statistics Canada ## Standard Disclaimer Applies ## --