decnet vs. tcpip

From: Arto Kujala <aku_at_tik.vtt.fi>
Date: 27 May 1994 12:02:19 GMT

I have done some tests with sqlnet decnet for dos and sqlnet tcp/ip for windows 3.1.
I used windows test applications written in VB and connected to oracle server with middleware products oracle glue & odbc (pageahead oracle driver). I used Pathworks 4.1 for decnet connections and ftp soft. pctcp for tcpip-connections.

The result was that any test that transferred more than 100 rows of data was 2 to 4 times slower in decnet lan-environment than in tcp/ip.

Is the dos-based sqlnet slower?

Is tcp/ip this much better optimized?

Has anybody else similar experiences?

Any other suggestions?

--Arto Kujala Received on Fri May 27 1994 - 14:02:19 CEST

Original text of this message