Re: Oracle Financials - printing - HELP

From: Bruce Pihlamae <pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 18 May 94 13:28:01 +1000

In article <1994May14.174941.1_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au>, pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au (Bruce Pihlamae) writes:

> We are trying to run:
>
> Oracle Financials 9.4.0, Oracle 7.0.15.4 on VAX/VMS 5.5-2.
>
> We CANNOT get it to print anything at all. Everything else seems to be
> working fine.
>
> I have followed the slightly confusing instructions but I must be missing
> something. I've tried having only one printer for the whole thing and
> that fails. I've tried setting APPLPRN to "ON" and define various printer
> types and printers but still nothing happens.

SOLVED. Thank you Patrick Supple & Robert Bagnall.

There were 2 problems to fix:

  1. We evaluated 9.4 of Oracle Financials and we purchased and installed 9.4.2 which contains a BUG in that it installs an old version of USDPRN. The solution here is to replace USDPRN in LIBFND.OLB with the 9.4 version and then relink.

This didn't fix it but when you apply fix 2 ...

2. The FNDENV. file says to UNCOMMENT the line

       $! assign/nolog "ON" APPLPRN

    to make PRINTER.COM do your printing.

    The line is WRONG! By uncommenting it and changing "ON" to "YES" you     actually get printout!

Now isn't that any easy thing to miss while thoroughly testing each bug fix release of your software.

And now onto finding some more problems...

--

Bruce...        pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au

"The more complex the argument gets, the easier it is to refute."
"Killing is wrong!"  -- Trent 'The Uncatchable' Castanaveras

* Bruce Pihlamae  --  Database Administration                     *
* Commonwealth Department of Human Services and Health            *
* Canberra, ACT, Australia                        (W) 06-289-7056 *
* These are my own thoughts and opinions, few that I have.        *