Oracle Financials - printing - HELP

From: Bruce Pihlamae <pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 14 May 94 17:49:41 +1000

We are trying to run:

Oracle Financials 9.4.0, Oracle 7.0.15.4 on VAX/VMS 5.5-2.

We CANNOT get it to print anything at all. Everything else seems to be working fine.

I have followed the slightly confusing instructions but I must be missing something. I've tried having only one printer for the whole thing and that fails. I've tried setting APPLPRN to "ON" and define various printer types and printers but still nothing happens.

This is really frustrating.

The product creates the print file ok but then says it has also successfully printed it to the specified printer. The printer it says is correct but nothing ever arrives on the print queue. I've used VMS MAIL in the PRINTER.COM file to tell me what the P1-5 parameters are and they are blank. The manual says that USDPRN (a C program) does the printing IF the logical APPLPRN is not "ON" otherwise PRINTER.COM does it. I can't find USDPRN.EXE anywhere either.

I'm obviously missing something really simple inside the database that must be toggled to let the product know it should pass parameters to PRINTER.COM.

Anybody got any helpful hints OR some questions about my environment that might help us solve it.

Bruce... pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au

"The more complex the argument gets, the easier it is to refute." "Killing is wrong!" -- Trent 'The Uncatchable' Castanaveras

  • Bruce Pihlamae -- Database Administration *
  • Commonwealth Department of Human Services and Health *
  • These are my own thoughts and opinions, few that I have. *