Re: Good Oracle training?

From: Bob Barnett <bob.barnett_at_columbiaSC.NCR.COM>
Date: Mon, 16 May 1994 20:21:17 GMT

I think you should ask who are the good Oracle Instructors. I have had a few good ones and some really bad ones. I will reply with only the good ones that I have enjoyed with short comments.

There is nothing better than training on the homefront with your own machines!!

Sometimes however it is hard to set up a training lab. Another method though is to get together with another local company and share the expense of bringing in an instructor. Great cost savings in the long run.

The following are instructors that I personally was in their classes and I would highly recommend:

Doris "Dos" Wong Oracle Forms V4 (San Fran) Very friendly and helped developers with real life solutions.

Al Flournoy Oracle Loader , SQL-plus, PL-SQL (Texas) Patient and answered a lot of difficult questions. Actually helped us with real data conversion scenarios

Simmie Kastner Intro to Oracle (New York) Very knowledgeable in the subject, answered every question, discussed and debated and proved me wrong numerous times (in a nice fashion)

I would swear by these people but if you run into any training that is poorly organized send them home or don't waste your money. Leave and ask them to provide a more competent instructor. It is very important to get the training right and nothing is worse than taking the course and not learning anything. Except getting billed for it!!

But what do I know....

Bob

A T & T Global Information Solutions
Bob Barnett

bob.barnett_at_columbiaSC.NCR.COM

(803) 939-6389 Received on Mon May 16 1994 - 22:21:17 CEST

Original text of this message