Good Oracle training?

From: Andrew W. Robinson <awrobinson_at_amoco.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 1994 11:59:22 CDT

Hi all!

I'm about to embark into the wonderfull world of Oracle. I need to become an "expert" fairly quickly. In my favor, my company is willing to spend the bucks for training.

Where can I find GOOD QUALITY training for Oracle 7?

I'm willing to take classes directly from Oracle, and I'm willing to consider alternatives outside of Oracle. If the answer is Oracle, where is their best training center? I ask because a couple of colleagues took an Oracle class in Atlanta. Their assessment of the class, or at least of the instructor, was poor to say the least. They claim the only learning they did that week was from the other class participants.

Are there consultants teaching classes where I could learn more than from Oracle directly? If so, who and where?

Any and all advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Andrew Robinson
awrobinson_at_amoco.com

---
The events depicted herein are fictional. Any similarity to persons
living or dead is entirely coincidental...oops, wrong disclaimer