Re: Rollback Segment Trouble

From: <dmausner_at_brauntech.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 1994 02:50:29 GMT

In article <2qrh3v$9k_at_snoopy.sra.com>, <carmen_at_verdi.iisd.sra.com> writes:
> I've gotten the following errors during large deletes
> in SQL*Plus. I've checked the Server Codes and Messages
> manual, but I'm still somewhat unsure as to how to proceed.
>
> ORA-01562: failed to extend rollback segment (id = 1)
> ORA-01628: max # extents (121) reached for rollback segment MY_ROLLBACK

the 1562 error is caused by the 1628 error. that one is due to the block size you are using: 2048 bytes. The first block of a segment is a map of the extents in use in that segment. You can only have 121 extents in a segment whose first block is 2048 bytes big.

You may wish to make your rollback segment extents larger, so that fewer of them will be used for a given lump of transactions. do that by altering the rollback segment tablespace to assert larger initial and next extents, then recreate the rollback segments in that tablespace. Received on Thu May 12 1994 - 04:50:29 CEST

Original text of this message