Need info on SAP/R3

From: Tony Jambu <aaj_at_cmutual.com.au>
Date: Wed, 11 May 1994 05:17:37 GMT

People

I am looking for some information on a product call SAP/R3. One of its supported database backend is Oracle.

I am looking for feedbacks on this system. Some of the questions I have are:

  1. How does the product compare to Oracle Financials in regards to
    • performance
    • resources (CPU, database and filestore)
    • functionality
    • support
    • ease of use
    • GUI or not
  2. How has the product been accepted in your part of the world?
  3. Do you know know of any sites using the product in production.
    • for how long have they been using it
    • how big is the site ie database size, number of users, txn
    • do you have the email or phone contact for these companies
  4. How well does it integrate with Oracle.
    • Oracle V6 or Oracle7
    • does it use any of Oracle specific features eg Sequence Numbers, referential integrity constraints etc

I would appreciate any information or leads that you may have.

Thanks for your help in advance.

ta
tony

--
 _____       ________ / ____ |Tony Jambu, Database Administrator
  /_  _        /_ __ /       |Colonial Mutual Invest Mgmt,Aust (ACN004021809)