Re: How to create a table in PL/SQL?

From: SITN Account 0342 <sitn0342_at_leland.Stanford.EDU>
Date: 11 May 1994 03:57:37 GMT

In article <2qoipv$dqk_at_gaia.cc.gatech.edu>, warner_at_cc.gatech.edu (Byron Warner ) writes:
|> When I try to use create in a SQL*Forms procedure I get this
|> message:
|>
|> PL/SQL error 103 at line 9, column 7:
|> Encountered the symbol "CREATE" which is an unsupported reserved word.
|>
|> Does anyone know why?

You can only use DML in PL/SQL - no DDL. Only selects, inserts, updates, and deletes. This will be possible in Oracle7.1, by the way - there will be a package called dbms_sql which will allow you to execute SQL from a string with bind variables, similar to the precompilers. You will be able to do DDL with this method as well. Received on Wed May 11 1994 - 05:57:37 CEST

Original text of this message