Help with Security Issues

From: Carl Hoang <choang_at_tdkt.mn.org>
Date: Tue, 10 May 1994 19:22:21 GMT

I need some help/hints in security of the transactions between the Server and Clients. The transactions will have UserID and Password. I don't know how to hide these things from the "LAN Packet Sniffers". These transactions are going to update Oracle database server. It's like this:

Client                  Server                  Update
RS/6000     Trans.      RS/6000     Trans.      Oracle
Socket  ------------->  Socket  ------------->  Database
Program                 Program

Any help and hints are very much appreciated. Thanks.