Re: Best Oracle 7 books

From: David N McCann <cs91dnm_at_brunel.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 May 1994 21:20:54 GMT

In article <CpLq8t.79G_at_raven.alaska.edu> fxgwp_at_aurora.alaska.edu writes:
>We will be installing Oracle 7 this summer on several machines,
>including our VAX. I would very much appreciate information
>on what (besides the manuals) the best reference books are. I
>wrote a single user system on a PC using Oracle 4 years ago,
>the rest of the staff has IDMS and Rdb experience. Training is
>this summer, but we only get 2 slots for "Tools" and 1 for "DBA".
>One task is migrating our information warehouse system from Rdb
>to Oracle. We are currently using SQLserver and Brio to access
>this data. Any "watch out for's" will be appreciated!
>Thankyou ... Gail Padden

I have a similar scenario. I'm about to embark on Oracle 7 (On a Silicon Graphics Challenger) installation. I've half-written an Oracle 6 database (lack of time prevented completion) and I know my UNIX systems fairly well (mostly SunOS, but a bit of IRIX)

"watch out for's" and other tips gratefully recieved.

                Thanks,

--
			David McCann

Computer Science Yr3                   Faculty Rep: All Comp.Sci Undergrads
Students Union Court Member (elect)    Board of Studies Rep: Comp.Sci 3
Tel: 0956 237670 (any time)            Student Council Rep: Comp.Sci
At present living in Faraday, Room 7-43.  Visitors always welcome.