Re: Forms4 boilerplate accessible?

From: Martin Jensen <mj_at_dde.dk>
Date: Thu, 5 May 1994 06:58:02 GMT

thomson_at_bluebird.fs.com (Doug Thomson) writes:

>Forms4 question:

>does anyone know whether, if the Forms4 form is stored in
>the database, the boilerplate text items are accessible
>somewhere? (e.g. "literals" next to enterable fields)
When storing the form in the database, all presentational literals (as well as bitmaps I think) are stored in the ROS tables (Resource Object Store).
Unfortunately the literals themself get stored in the table: rosstrings in the LONG RAW field str in Hex code,
so it is rather difficult to search for an applikation using a certain literal not to mention changing the value to support an other language.

Oracle tels us however that a new product replacing NLS-Workbenck called something like Translation Manager, could do the job

>This would be useful when an app needs to be
>translated into multiple languages, e.g. the boilerplate
>text "Customer:" must be translated into several languages.
>Maybe some of the translation could be automated.
Would sure be nice.

>Steve Muench of Oracle - are you out there?
>I'll bet you could tell us.

>thanks for any suggestions - - -
Hope this helps.

--
Martin Jensen,  Dansk Data Elektronik A/S, Herlev, Denmark
E-mail:      ..!uunet!mcvax!dkuug!dde!mj  or  mj_at_dde.DK