Re: oracle question: how to delete an oracle user?

From: Jack Love <jlove_at_ivrit.ra.itd.umich.edu>
Date: 4 May 1994 14:41:20 GMT

In article <2q784mINNsof_at_life.ai.mit.edu>, Stuart Cracraft <cracraft_at_rice-chex.ai.mit.edu> wrote:
>How do I delete an Oracle user created with:
>
> grant connect to WHOEVER identified by PASSWORD;
>
>i.e., I want to delete the user "WHOEVER".
>
>If you know how, please email a msg to cracraft_at_ai.mit.edu. Thanks.

If you are using Oracle 6 you can revoke the user's connect permission (see "revoke") but you cannot delete the user's connect name from the data dictionary, except by means which are officially unsupported by Oracle. In version 7 you can use the command "drop user".

Jack F. Love	| 	Opinions expressed are mine alone.