Migrating Menu Application from ver6.0 to 7.0 Help

From: Mahesh Vallampati <m0v5533_at_tamsun.tamu.edu>
Date: 2 May 1994 00:35:33 -0500

Hie Menu Gurus,
We are migrating from Oracle 6 to Oracle 7.In the process,we are moving menus from ver6.0 to ver7.0. The menu application which works fine in version 6.0 core dumps in version 7.0 while generating. An anlaysis showed that the menus in version 7.0 are refeering to non-existent sub-menus while in Oracle Version 6.0 there is no such indication. I have the following questions:
1) How do u migrate a menu application from Version 6.0 to Version 7.0? 2) How do u move the menu application between various machines(in our case RS/6000 and SCO Unix)? and between version 6.0 and 7.0 of Oracle? 3) Does the improper granting of roles in the application cause this error? We need to migrate fast and any help or pointers will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Mahesh Vallampati
M.S. In EE
Dept.of Electrical Engineering,
Texas A & M University.
Ph:(409)845-6189
\\ In the Beginning there was Codd..... Received on Mon May 02 1994 - 07:35:33 CEST

Original text of this message