Re: SQL*NET error on remote connection attempt

From: Lee E Parsons <lparsons_at_world.std.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 1994 22:53:57 GMT

rwessman_at_rwessman.us.oracle.com (Rick Wessman) writes:

>If the protocol is not available, then a 6401 error would be generated.

Not always. I went to osntab.c and took out all the osnttt references I then made a new oracle kernel. When connected from a client using the T: driver I got:

ERROR: Error during Connect - 3113

It may seem like I went to a lot of trouble to get this error but we got the same error about a month on a new install of 7.0.15.

Through some series of action/inaction we got a 3113 using only orainst.

This indicates to me that it is a more likely problem than we would like to think.

>To clear up a common misconception, Oracle always come with SQL*Net,
>either V1 or V2 or both.

But the kernel doesn't always come with SqlNet linked in. The stock kernel for Intergraph didn't have SQLNet in it for years. (Dont know about now thank god)

And even if it does come stock in the default kernel it is real easy to uninstall. (see above)

--
Regards,

Lee E. Parsons
Systems Oracle DBA	 			lparsons_at_world.std.com