Forms 3.0 questions...

From: Steve Frampton <frampton_at_vicuna.ocunix.on.ca>
Date: 27 Apr 94 12:08:42 GMT

Hello:

I am developing a Forms 3.0 application and have two problems I would like to try and solve.

The application is for recording employee absenteeism. I need to accomplish the following tasks:

  • Check for duplicate entries. Often the bone-headed users will enter the same record more than once. I wish to provide a warning and then fail the commit trigger.
  • Check for overlapping dates. This seems to be the trickiest...if a user has been entered from '940401' to '940410' as ILL, then the user shouldn't be allowed to enter '940405' as CONF(erence) as well.
  • WARNING: You are about to delete an absence record. I would like to provide this message (or something similar) to the user when they (usually inadvertently) delete an existing absence record. Ideally the form would ask them to confirm or reject the deletion request.

Any information would be appreciated. E-mail replies preferred but not necessary.

Thanks in advance!

---< MAKE MONEY FAST! Contact Dave Rhodes for details. >--- Steve Frampton E-mail: <frampton_at_vicuna.ocunix.on.ca> Received on Wed Apr 27 1994 - 14:08:42 CEST

Original text of this message