Problem accessing ORACLE from my account.

From: <tzagara_at_tigris.cti.gr>
Date: 21 APR 94 15:47:47 GMT

Hi there,

I have the following problem:

when I try to connect to ORACLE, after inserting my password the following message appears :

%sqlplus

Username : tzag
password

ERROR: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-07318: smsget: open error when opening sgadef.dbf file. SunOS error: 13: Permission denied

But, when I try to connect ORACLE from the ORACLE account, there is no problem. I can then access my ORACLE account. We are using ORACLE7 Server and tools V 7.0.12

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance .

Emmanuel Tzabgarakis               e-mail :
Computer Technology Institute (CTI)        tzag_at_cti.gr
Patras,                                    tzagara_at_grpatvx1.bitnet
Greece Received on Thu Apr 21 1994 - 17:47:47 CEST

Original text of this message