Trigger Interruption

From: <fzoufaly_at_lapa.cic.itcr.ac.cr>
Date: 20 Apr 1994 21:52:30 -0500

Hello,
I am trying to convert an application in a third generation language to Forms 3.0 in ORACLE 7 under OS/2.
I do not want to change the style of programming from procedures to event driven. I have the following problem: I am making some process (in a trigger) and I want to prompt the user for some values. My problem is that after the user has entered the values, the process should go back to the same point in the trigger and continue the processing. I cannot use a CALL_FORM procedure since later on I will need to make other operations on the same screen and if I leave a second form with EXIT_FORM I will loose all the data.
Am I missing something? Is there a way to interrupt (or suspend) the execution of a trigger while the user is inputting data?

If there is no such a way of doing that, is there an easy way to run two separate processes and to communicate them through some kind of shared memory area. In this way the FORM process should synchronize with the controller process.

Since I am having some problems with my news access, would you please post directly to me? I will summarize in a few day.

Thank you very much for your cooperation, Federico.

Federico Zoufaly
Centro de Investigaciones en Computacion Instituto Tecnologico de Costa Rica
E-mail: fzoufaly_at_cic.itcr.ac.cr Received on Thu Apr 21 1994 - 04:52:30 CEST

Original text of this message