Re: Eliminating duplicates

From: John Gillespie <jgg_at_waldo.corte-madera.geoquest.slb.com>
Date: 20 Apr 1994 21:04:30 GMT

I forgot something...

On soapbox:

Why aren't you using unique indexes and/or primary keys on the table to keep this from occurring?

Speed is important, but so is data integrity.

Off soapbox.

In my last post, I mentioned <cname>. That used to be in a required "for update of <cname>" clause. Oracle 7 doesn't seem to need it anymore... Received on Wed Apr 20 1994 - 23:04:30 CEST

Original text of this message