Re: Pro*C and C++

From: John Roesch <itsinet_at_nic.cerf.net>
Date: 20 Apr 1994 21:17:34 GMT

dpaes_at_obelix.fe.up.pt (Dinis Manuel Alves da Mota Paes) writes:

>Hello,

>We're developing our project in C using Pro*C for the database interface,
>but are now considering writing the next version in C++.
>Is it possible to mix C++ and Pro*C? And if it's possible, is it safe?

At my previous employer we implemented using AIX C++ and PRO*C. The only thing we had to do was make a sed script which changed the function declarations to be extern "C" and have all of the proper arguments. After that we were able to mix them with no problems. This was sometime last summer using the then current version of ORACLE 7.0 for AIX 3.2.

Jay Walters Received on Wed Apr 20 1994 - 23:17:34 CEST

Original text of this message