Re: TPC-B Benchmark For Oracle7

From: Steve Reiss <sreiss_at_powerplay.engr.sgi.com>
Date: 19 Apr 1994 22:55:26 GMT

In article <CoIpzs.542_at_encore.com>, maldred_at_pinocchio.encore.com (Mark Aldred) writes:
|> > Has anyone seen a TPC-B Benchmark for Oracle7? This benchmark
|> > is the most credible I have seen. If anyone disagrees and knows
|> > of a better yardstick, please let me know.

|> > I'm currently Beta-testing NT Advanced Server for which I have
|> > TPC-B statistics. I would like to do a comparison of NTAS and
|> > Oracle7 using this as ONE of the differentiators.

|> > Cheers,

|> > Alan N. Turner
|> > Sr. Strategy DBA
|> > Systems and Equipment Sector
|> > Texas Instruments, Inc.
|> > Internet: anturner_at_sc1500.dseg.ti.com
|>
|> Encore Computer recently announced a TPC-B number of 1054 tps at
|> $2,801 per tpsB. This benchmark was performed on an Encore Infinity
|> 90/ES
|> running 15 instances of Oracle with Parallel Server Option

If you are looking for high TPC-B numbers to compare against, then the highest TPC-B result is from Silicon Graphics Computer Systems.

We achieved 1786.20 tps-b at a cost of $1,610/tps. This was on a 28 CPU Challenge XL server running Oracle 7.0.15.4.1

The benchmark was done on a single 28 cpu SMP machine. It did NOT use Oracle
Parallel Server. It was NOT on a cluster.

For more TPC results, contact:

	Transaction Processing Performance Council
	c/o Shanley Public Relations
	777 N. First St., Suite 600
	San Jose, CA 95112-6311

You can receive a list of all current TPC results from them.

--steve

--

Steven Reiss				Silicon Graphics, Inc.
sreiss_at_sgi.com				2011 N. Shoreline Blvd