forms 3.0 -> forms 4.0, automatic?

From: <dae_at_pencom.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 94 12:23:50 PDT

Hi,

I have a client that is considering moving from primarily DOS client machines running sql*forms 3.0 apps, to MS Windows machines running sql*forms 4.0. Will this require a re-write, or does Oracle automatically convert 3.0 forms to 4.0?

If the conversion is automatic, does it work well? That is, has anyone out there actually done this and, if so, are you happy with the results? If I have to re-write these apps then I'm seriously going to consider another tool, such as Powerbuilder or Visual Basic, since I haven't been terribly impressed with Oracle's tools.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

David Elliott
Pencom Software
Austin, TX
dae_at_pencom.com Received on Thu Apr 14 1994 - 21:23:50 CEST

Original text of this message