How to Connect Oracle7 to DB2

From: <hpujol_at_dwp.la.ca.us>
Date: 14 Apr 94 13:07:44 GMT

Dear Experts:

I need to connect AIX and OS/2 machines running Oracle7 with SQL*NET TCP/IP to our mainframe running DB2 on MVS (TCP/IP available in some way) and some DB2/2 on OS/2 (Netbios and TCP/IP installed).

What do I need to buy in terms of Oracle products to enable transparent interaction between Oracle7 servers and DB2 servers. I thought I saw a DB2 gateway product for SQL*NET from Oracle. Someone mentioned DDCS/2 and MicroDecisionWare Gateway, but I don't know how they fit into this picture.

Would someone please give me some advice??!!

Thanks in advance,

Hector Pujol

L. A. Dept of Water and Power
hpujol_at_dwp.la.ca.us Received on Thu Apr 14 1994 - 15:07:44 CEST

Original text of this message