Re: Page Break on ReportWriter 1.1

From: Michael Nolan <nolan_at_helios.unl.edu>
Date: 7 Apr 1994 14:58:28 GMT

agandhi_at_mason1.gmu.edu (Ajay M Gandhi) writes:

>My requirements is to reset the page number at each new volume number. I
>have tried several trial and error methods, but in vain. I am able to
>print the page number for the whole report.

>How do I reset the system variable &PAGE OR Is there any tricks to solve
>this problem?

There are at least 3 Oracle technical bulletins which deal with this issue:

101206.056
101611.812
101991.794

I haven't tried all 3 techniques, but the one in 101991.794 works well for me. Now, if someone could figure out a way to reset the 'total page' variable so that I could print 'Page x of y' with both x and y resetting properly for each new group, that'd be wonderful. (The author of bulletin 101991.794 is of the opinion that it isn't possible within SRW 1.1, at least not without user exits.)

If your organization has purchased Oracle Technical Support, you should have access to the Bulletins on the RTSS BBS system. (And according to a recent letter Oracle has revamped their tech support plans; there is now or soon will be a support level which will enable customers to get all the technical bulletins on CD-ROM.)

The bulletins for SRW and Forms are also available in the library of the DBMS RoundTable on GEnie. (Unfortunately, Oracle doesn't have a FTP site nor have they given me permission to distribute the bulletins on the Internet.)

---
Michael Nolan, Sysop for the DBMS RoundTable on GEnie
nolan_at_notes.tssi.com, dbms_at_genie.geis.com
(posted from nolan_at_helios.unl.edu)