CCF File-creation program

From: Joseph J. Kubicky <jkubicky_at_cco.caltech.edu>
Date: 4 Apr 1994 18:41:02 GMT

I posted something yesterday requesting a copy of a program that comes with Oracle on the PC that I thought was for creating sequential (as in sector-sequential) files on the disk. I found a program someone gave me called CCF.EXE. It comes up and says CCF: Version 5.1.17.4 and some other stuff. Then there's an error message saying 'Can't open message file...'. Anyway, if I do CCF FILENAME #, it creates a file FILENAME that is about #/2 K-bytes long, but it's not sector-sequential. If I dump the sector list, there are gaps in it (and I don't think these are due to bad sectors - it creates files with gaps pretty much every time). Is there some kind of switch I can use to force it to create only sequential files? Is this program even supposed to do that? (CCF = Create Contiguous File?)

Thanks,
Jay Kubicky
jkubicky_at_cco.caltech.edu Received on Mon Apr 04 1994 - 20:41:02 CEST

Original text of this message