Need Oracle seqential file creation prog

From: Joseph J. Kubicky <jkubicky_at_cco.caltech.edu>
Date: 4 Apr 1994 09:28:24 GMT

A friend of mine who uses Oracle on the PC gave me a utility that apparently comes with the system that can be used to create arbitrary-length sequential [empty] files on the disk. I've been looking all over for the disk and I can't find it, but I really need that program (not for Oracle or any kind of database stuff but for a data acquisition system I'm doing). Does anyone think they could hook me up with a copy of the program (maybe uuencoded or something)? I seem to remember that it was a short little program, but I've never been able to figure out how to write something myself that does that (I don't know how one would do this without going in any modifying the FAT, which I don't want to do).

Thanks,

Jay Kubicky
jkubicky_at_cco.caltech.edu Received on Mon Apr 04 1994 - 11:28:24 CEST

Original text of this message