Re: help: running total problem

From: Chris Cummings <chrisc_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 1994 17:49:49 GMT

Qi Y. Zeng (qizeng_at_acsu.buffalo.edu) wrote:
: Dear Netters:
: I want to calculate the running total.
: But when I query it, nothing appears
: in the running-total field.
: Would you please tell me what is wrong
: here? The .inp file is as follows.
: Thank you!
: Sincerely,
: qizeng

Qi,

In the SQL*Forms 3.0 Advanced Techniques manual there is an example of how to solve your problem. The query problem is solved with a POST-QUERY trigger but there are also other triggers and at least one global variable required to keep a correct total as the user enters and modifies the records being totaled.

Chris Cummings
Dallas Softworks, Inc. Received on Thu Mar 31 1994 - 19:49:49 CEST

Original text of this message