converting index file in RDB

From: When I fall in love, it will be forever. <vkwan1_at_vaxa.hofstra.edu>
Date: 30 Mar 94 21:23:58 EST

Hi all,

        I want to convert an index file in RDB on VAX to plain ASCII format. And then move it into Oracle table.

        I know that the CVT function in VAX BASIC will convert some of the special types in the index file, like % type into ASCII format.

        I am going to write a program to do the conversion, however, I don't want to write it in VAX BASIC, I would rather write it in C or C++. Does any one of you could give me some hintes on the converting process, please? Or any similar functions call in C can do the same thing as CVT function in VAX BASIC?
        Or any tools in Oracle will convert the index file in RDB into Oracle table format?

        Your helps will be much appreciated.

V. Kwan
vkwan1_at_vaxb.hofstra.edu Received on Thu Mar 31 1994 - 04:23:58 CEST

Original text of this message