Attaching Oracle table to MS-Access

From: Alistair McElligott <amcellig_at_socs.uts.EDU.AU>
Date: 31 Mar 1994 14:47:14 +1000

Does anyone know how to access Oracle 7 Tables over SQLNET in MS-Access BASIC? I'm trying to do the following:;

Set MyDB = CurrentDB()
Set MyTable = MyDB.OpenTable("Oracle_Table_Name")

But I get an Illegal Operation Error, I think due to the fact that the attached tables AREN'T stored in the current database, so you have to reference the database they are stored in, but I can't do it because it doesn't have a simple path name because it is running from the SQL server....

HELP
THANKS
Alistair McElligott
amcellig_at_socs.uts.edu.au Received on Thu Mar 31 1994 - 06:47:14 CEST

Original text of this message