Re: >Oracle's future

From: Richard Finkelstein <rfinkel_at_infochi.com>
Date: 27 Mar 1994 20:18:31 -0500

Dave Dargo (ddargo_at_us.oracle.com) wrote:

: Secondly, on what do you base the statement that it would have beaten Oracle
: if Oracle had not used discrete transactions? A guess? A feeling? A hope?

: Dave (ddargo_at_us.oracle.com)

Dave,

I understand that Oracle will have to withdraw its TPC-A benchmarks in June because of the "discrete transaction" benchmark special. I was wondering if this is your understanding. Also, it will be interesting to see how Oracle does without the discrete transaction especially with the TPC-C benchmark which now requires serializable transactions. Do you know when Oracle will be running its first TPC-C tests?

  • Rich -- Richard Finkelstein Voice: 312-549-8325 Performance Computing, Inc. Fax: 312-549-4824 Chicago, IL Mail: rfinkel_at_infochi.com