Oracle on Mips RISCos 5.01

From: Ranjan Santra <ranjan_at_crl.com>
Date: 27 Mar 1994 20:04:58 -0800

Hello,
We have a MIPS RS3230 machine running RISCos 5.01 with 32M memory and adequate disk space.
After we install the rdbms and execute SQLDBA, we fail to startup the database. We get several kinds of problems usually those that complain about being unable to attach to shared memory segments. Sometimes SQLDBA just hangs or we get end-of-file on communication channel error.

Has anyone successfully installed and brought up Oracle on MIPS running RISCos 5.01 ?

What should be the kernel parameters relating to shared memory SHMALL and SHMMAX be for such a configuration ?

What should be the minimum shared memory allocated for Oracle to run?

Any help in these areas would aid us immensely.

Thanks
Ranjan Received on Mon Mar 28 1994 - 06:04:58 CEST

Original text of this message