Re: DEBUG_MESSAGE('')

From: Steve Corbett <p0070623_at_oxford-brookes.ac.uk>
Date: 24 Mar 1994 08:09:23 -0600

Doug Hewko (doug.hewko_at_synapse.org) wrote:
: While performing maintenance on a SQL*FORMS file, I came across a
: DEBUG_MESSAGE function and I am wondering if anyone can shed some
: light on it's particulars.

: The function was used in the following manner:
: DEBUG_MESSAGE('now entering CHECK_NAME_AND_PHONE procedure');

: I checked the SQL*PLUS and SQL*FORMS manuals (v2 and v3) and was
: unable to locate that particular function. By its syntax, I assume
: that the function was meant to display the corresponding message when
: the procedure is entered, and when debug mode is on. I tested that
: theory, using ORACLE 6 and it did not hold. I am therefore wondering
: if this was a function from an earlier version of ORACLE or if my
: hypotheses was incorrect.

me thinks it was calling a procedure from within the form itself :)

   (or a referenced procedure)

  • was this form actually running in production? and was it the corresponding source code? -- Steve Corbett. vvv [. .] "just one person's opinion" p0070623_at_brookes.ac.uk -------o00-(_)-00o---------