Re: Oracle/Access with winsock

From: branigan d <p0054467_at_oxford-brookes.ac.uk>
Date: 23 Mar 1994 05:04:33 -0600

    I can verify that, I've just installed SQL*NET for Windows using the TRUMPET winsock and Q+E talking to an Oracle 6 database on a SUN and on a SEQUENT.     I installed SQL*NET for Windows as if it were for PCNFS (V5). I also found I had to specify the service socket as part of the connect string (but that one assumes is just my ignorance of TRUMPET).

    So I now have a CONFIG.ORA (ORACLE.INI) with the line:-

    LOCAL=T:ip-number/1525:sid

    In actual fact I managed to get the HOST name translated from the TRUMPET HOSTS file it just wouldn't do it for SERVICES; but I prefer to specify the IP address in an Oracle file and have it all in one place than translate the IP and explicitly state the service socket.

   (Project Leader ISS)              "In this world who can do a thing will not
   d.branigan_at_brookes.ac.uk           And who would do it cannot, I percieve."
                                      RB