Re: Not Enought Memory...I Don't Think So!!

From: Hari Seldon <bill_at_trout.finance.state.mn.us>
Date: 16 Mar 1994 16:46:44 GMT

In <2m3b3q$di9_at_ionews.io.org>, elfman_at_ionews.io.org (Peter Scheffler) writes:
>Ok.... this really burns me.
>
>I'm running Oracle 6.03 for DOS, on a DXII-66 w/32Meg and 2G of driv, DOS 6.2
>and WFWg 3.1. I've allocated 18Meg to expanded (I think, whatever you call it
>its the VCPI type of memory) and when I load Oracle's PME and try to run any
>of the apps other than SQLPLUS, SQLREP and SQLDBA I get a message:
> out of expanded memory
welcome to the world of toy operating systems and cutsie toy front ends. the message says it all. you are out of expanded memory. look at your su\ystem configuration, see what is being loaded in config.sys, autoexec.bat, inside of windows, etc, etc, etc. if you want i'd try t do it in os/2 imho.

>Ok, so my databases are large (>300M) but what is happening here. I really
makes no difference

bill pociengel
lilb pleceoing 'I'm a little confused right now' Received on Wed Mar 16 1994 - 17:46:44 CET

Original text of this message