Word Processors and Oracle.

From: Michael Downing <MDOWNING_at_ESTEC.BITNET>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 1994 13:42:39 CET

Hello,

I would like to link a word processor running on Windows with an Oracle 7 database on an IBM mainframe, so that variables can be imbedded in the document and the records are retrieved from the database at Print time and merged into the document. Has anyone succeeded in doing something similar ?

I am not bothered which word processing software is used, as long as it will run on Windows.

I have looked at Oracle Glue and the Oracle ODBC driver, but these seem to be more useable with other databases and spreadsheets, they don't seem to interface with word processors yet. I may be wrong !!

Any advice about the way to proceed will be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Michael Downing. Received on Mon Mar 14 1994 - 13:42:39 CET

Original text of this message