Database<--->Vector graphics

From: Salah M. Ahmed <salahmed_at_netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 1994 15:37:35 GMT

I am not sure if this is the best newsgroup to post this question, but here I go any way. Does any one now of a graphics vector based software that can do the following:

  1. Can import objects or vector information from a simple ASCII for an XBase file? The format could be as follows: From X,Y To X,Y The end result should be vector lines, polygons or objects.
  2. Each entity (line, polygon, object) have a unique ID that a database like Oracle can pull from the graphics software to use in it's key field.

I think this can be a CAD or graphics software, but it should be either a shareware or at less than $1000.

Thanks in advance.

--
Salah Ahmed
salahmed_at_netcom.com