Re: oracle and linux

From: Joe Portman <baron_at_hebron.connected.com>
Date: 5 Mar 1994 01:54:18 -0800

In article <1994Mar5.092515.22302_at_synseer.syntex.com>,  <hib_at_apple.online.com> wrote:

>Does anybody else desire to have Oracle run on the linux operating system?
>I guess it will take $2,000,000 in possible sales to convince Oracle to port
>it.

Actually, no port need be done. I have version 6.0 running under linux using the IBCS2 patches. This is not for release just yet, but the IBCS compatiblity is making HUGE strides. For more info, join the IBCS2 channel of linux-activists. How to join is in the FAQ's.

--
Joe Portman (Westin Hotels & Resorts)