Re: SQLNet on Macs

From: Robert Stucky <rbs_at_fractaldata.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 1994 13:22:50 GMT

In article <CM3snr.Ios_at_ucdavis.edu>, szbinky_at_chip.ucdavis.edu () wrote:

> We are trying to set up SQLNet on our office network. We use DataPrism
> as our reporting tool, and we're using Macs. Does anyone know how we can
> information on how SQLNet works on the Mac? Apparently the manual is
> obsolete. Thanks!

It depends on what flavor of SQLNet. If using AppleTalk, the installer includes a chooser extension. In the chooser, when you select the "oracle" icon, it will list all active Oracle DB's for you to select from. If you have multiple zones, it lists active db's in the selected zone.

If TCP/IP you have to edit the configuration files (to allow it to find databases) by hand, or use a tool like Server Manager to create an alias.

--
Robert Stucky																								Education is what remains
(415) 948-5583	voice, fax, ARA							after one has forgotten

                                                    A. Einstein