seeking software packages for business enabling functions

From: Dennis Pulyk <dpulyk_at_sherritt.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 1994 22:59:04 GMT

We are seeking information on the type of packaged software people are using for enabling processes.
We would specifically be interested in packages that are either Oracle or Sybase and meet the following business functions

  1. Inventory - The management of information relating to raw material stock, In process and product as well as warehouse stores.
  2. Logistics - The management of information related to the shipment, receipt and internal transfer of inventory.
  3. Marketing - The management of customer accounts,sales and order processing. Information on good packages to use, maybe what not to use in our client/server environment would be appreciated. (Don't care about info on packages on mainframes etc.)

We are aware of the Oracle products in these areas.

     The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Sherritt Inc.

 Dennis Pulyk                           dpulyk_at_sherritt.ca
 Senior Technical Support Analyst       Sherritt Inc